Spring is here and grads, proms and formals are coming up quickly! Girls are anticipating the exciting day when they will be dressing up to the nines, doing their prom makeup and hair, and dancing the night away with their friends. From my experience, getting ready with the girlfriends is often of the best parts of it all, and one you will remember for years!
Girlfriends are such cheerleaders to each other, especially when everybody is in a happy preparty mood and getting all glammed up. Everybody is admiring each others dresses, giving advice on hair and makeup, what jewelry to wear and helping out with last minute details (“I forgot my deodorant!”), gossiping excitedly about who they are going to see, while listening to their favourite playlist, maybe sipping on the bubbly or mocktails (whichever is allowed in the house). It’s a girls party all on its own!
Now imagine that on top of that, you don’t have to worry about doing your own makeup and hair! Even if you know what you are doing, because it is a special night, everything takes twice as long. The beautifying process can be a bit daunting; shower, shave, manicure, pedicure, makeup, hair styling, and all of a sudden it’s 5pm. Your date is here and you are not ready!
I can completely relate. I decided to do my own makeup for my wedding and it definitely made the process more stressful then it could have been. I was so excited, nervous and distracted all at the same time, it took me twice as long. If I could go back – I would hire another makeup artist do my makeup.
That’s why I’ve partnered up with the talented hairstylist Kirsty Gaudreault from Topknot Hairstyling to offer all Ottawa prom, grad and formal girls a special deal for hair and makeup!!!
Hair and Makeup Special
Kirsty and I are both mobile artists, which means we will come on location to you whenever you are getting ready. This alleviates the stress of running around from appointment to appointment and dealing with traffic. Instead, you can relax at home, have fun with your girlfriends and get glammed up by professionals for a big night out! We will use all of our tricks to make sure that the makeup and hair stays put all night long and while you bust a move on the dance floor. You will look flawless throughout the whole grad or prom or formal, whatever is the event!
As an inspiration, we did a fun photoshoot of three girlfriends getting ready and us doing their prom makeup and hair. It was captured by the talented Julia from Exclusive Moment Photography and the stunning dresses and accessories were borrowed from Rent Frock Repeat, which is an amazing store to rent beautiful designer dresses for fraction of the price for those special events!
We created three different looks to reflect the girls personalities. One was natural with neutral makeup and soft waves, second was glam with more dramatic eyes and hollywood style waves and third was a fun modern look with bright colour lips and and a soft updo. Check out the behind the scenes of getting ready and the final looks of the girls.
Everyone had so much fun at this photoshoot! Cheers!
I hope you will get to do your own preparty beauty sesh and share getting ready with your girlfriends for a special night!
Getting Ready Tips
Plan ahead to make sure everything goes smoothly as you get ready. A few tips from me, a veteran in going out 😉
- Get your manicure and pedicure done a day before. You think you will have all day to get ready, but the time will pass faster then you think. Plus there will be no risk of ruining your freshly manicured nails because you are in the rush.
- Wash your hair the night before and dry it well. When the hair is freshly cleaned in the morning of, it’s harder to style it.
- Put your best face forward by exfoliating and doing a treatment mask, like a moisturizing mask, either the night before or in the morning. The foundation will go on smoother and your face will look flawless!
- Make sure you wear a button up or a zip-up hoodie while you’re getting ready so you don’t have to pull anything over your head and ruin your hair or makeup.
- Have a few pictures ready for inspiration for your ideal makeup look and hair style. Keep in mind though, that the same beauty look will look different on different people. 😉
- Enjoy the day, don’t stress about small things that don’t go according to the plan and take lots of pictures!
I hope I will see you in my makeup chair sometime soon!